RP Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zombie Outbreak Sign-Ups and Discussion

+7
Flex Nard
transky13
Mr.Fable
Seayn
prodigy12
Veldrin
Tregon
11 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Zombie Outbreak Sign-Ups and Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Zombie Outbreak Sign-Ups and Discussion

Post by prodigy12 Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:53 pm

yes show me this aswell....well i gotta go see ya !
prodigy12
prodigy12

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Zombie Outbreak Sign-Ups and Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Zombie Outbreak Sign-Ups and Discussion

Post by Veldrin Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:11 pm

A. The War Wagon
The first and foremost thing you will need to construct is going to be your war wagon. You need something on wheels that is basically zombie proof and allows you to fight back as they close in on you. A tank would be nice, but you don't have a tank, and besides that, a tank doesn't afford you much in the way of space (tanks are very cramped inside), and it's hard to fire at zombies behind and to the sides by the tank. Besides that, even if you had a tank, you're not sure you know how to steer one. What you need to build is a civilian war wagon. There are several templates available to an average individual for fighting, and for general transportation.

i. The 18 Wheeler
If your goal is to get to the center of the city and have 30 armed people pour out the back of a truck, the 18 wheeler will allow this to happen. Hard to navigate around corners, and not meant for city travel, you may have some trouble getting this around, but it will bring you in a main road to the center of town, and back again. Designed for long hauls, these things will allow you to carry a TON of provisions and ammo, and will take you long distances. Not a bad choice for hauling across the country, but not the best for navigating around town.

ii. The Swat Bus
If you have a swat bus, you're basically already set. Fast, mobile, massive space to hold dozens of armed individuals, and durable. The swat bus gets poor gas mileage, but is not meant for long hauls. You could probably rig up a system to refuel the bus without having to get off, and it'll be hard for a hoard of zombies to tip you over. If they mob up on your bus, there's a chance they may be able to tip you over, but the chance is remote at best. Most buses will require you to barricade the door, as it is low to the ground and mostly glass. Solder a piece of sheet metal over the door, and now your group of 10 people can each pick windows on the sides and in the front (say 1 in front, 1 in back, 4 on each side), and fire out the windows at the zombies. If anything your problem is going to lie in power, ability to navigate off road, and through road blocks. Gas may be short, so load some extra gas and provisions in case the bus breaks down and you end up having to walk.

iii. The Armored Car
Very durable, bulletproof, and easy to navigate in cities. These get comparatively good mileage, and if they break down, the people in the back can stay safe as long as provisions hold out. Even if the zombies manage to tip this thing over, other than possibly a few head wounds, the passengers are still safe inside. The durable body doesn't allow for much in the way of modification, but too many modifications aren't necessary. The problem with one of these is that you can't easily fire while moving. The body is meant to encase and protect, not to allow for mobile fortressing, and it's going to be a while before you can cut slits in the side to aim a gun out of. Good enough for defensive transportation or being on the run, but if you run out of gas, it may be difficult to hop out of the back and fill back up. Not to mention limited cargo capacity.

iv. The Garbage Truck
This monster will provide the ultimate war wagon with a little modification. Built out of heavy, durable, tough steel, lots of wheels, designed for navigation through city and suburban streets, capable of smashing through a road block without taking any damage, HUGE cargo space in the back. To transform this to the ideal war wagon, first be sure you wash it out really good. The lingering stench is going to draw zombies to you (in fact, if you wanted to throw a corpse in the back to draw zombies out, that would be a good way to get some attention. You're going to want to the sides completely shut. The last thing you want is a zombie hopping in. Disable the crush feature so the back doesn't accidentally compact your provisions. The ample space in the back allows for you to carry more than enough fuel, ammo, and supplies for an extended trip. The trash truck is designed for extended trips without refueling, stop and go driving, and maximum carrying capacity.

After you've got it washed out, saudered shut, and sealed up, you're going to want to cut a hole in the roof above the passenger side. This is going to be the hatch you use to get in and out of your truck. This also allows someone to get from the drivers area to on top of the truck. From the top of the truck, you can shoot in all four directions, and you're lifted way up off the ground to provide protection from any zombies that may approach. The low center of gravity of the truck along with it's enormous weight will make it nearly impossible to tip over other than through excessively negligent driving. Basically, drive it anywhere you want (the noise alone will send the zombies running to you), have a passenger hop out on top of the truck, engage in slaughter. When your supplies are exhausted, if you so desire you can even load dozens of corpses into the back and haul them off to a burial site. It would be a good idea to collect corpses as you go anyway, since the goal is to someday make the city habitable again, and millions of disease infested rotting corpses aren't the most sanitary thing in the world.

If you really want to be fancy, set up a system so the person on top can belt themselves down and you can become a mobile tower. Simply sit up top with a rifle and drop zombies one by one as they chase after you while you drive at low speeds. This is the only war wagon that is also effective even if you are by yourself. The zombies inability to climb will keep them off the top, and the sealed doors will keep them out of the drivers cab. Plus the trunk is designed to carry moist, wet, foul contents, so don't worry about piling the bodies in there. Hell, there's even a crush feature so if you're running out of space for more corpses, you can just flip a switch and you're good to pack at least 20 more in there.

All coming from the site he told me about.
Veldrin
Veldrin
Death's Shadow
Death's Shadow

Male
Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by transky13 Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:33 pm

thanks veldrin. thats alot of info

btw prodigy, ill give you a gun if you come find me
transky13
transky13

Male
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 pm

No one is getting my gun Smile

also i think there is a M1014 in the trunk of my squad car Twisted Evil
Ink
Ink

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Veldrin Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 pm

*whistle* that wasn't a hint at thievery *nudges Prodigy*
Veldrin
Veldrin
Death's Shadow
Death's Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:16 pm

HOW LONG TILLL ZOMBIES TREGON???

me and veldrin are reduced to talking about cake lol

or when will the news broadcast be"?
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Veldrin Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:20 pm

It isn't that bad Razz Cake is a fun subject XD
Veldrin
Veldrin
Death's Shadow
Death's Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Yes cake is a good subject Razz

you control me know veldrin i gotta go to gym Smile
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by prodigy12 Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:49 pm

yup im stealing a garbage truck and getting help from bandit king ( cuz hes a biker dude so he knows his cars) and maybe a swat mamber to armor it up and we got ourself a deadly vehicle Very Happy

ohh and transky im on my way Wink
prodigy12
prodigy12

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by transky13 Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:14 pm

sorry for the delay prod... couldn't find a good time to get on
transky13
transky13

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by prodigy12 Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:16 pm

no big deal dude Very Happy

so anyone else up for working with me to make a garbage truck tank Very Happy ???
prodigy12
prodigy12

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Veldrin Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Sure, i love the garbage truck Very Happy
Veldrin
Veldrin
Death's Shadow
Death's Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by prodigy12 Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm

yeah ! i got one to help ! haha, now how do we get one ? Suspect lol
prodigy12
prodigy12

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Veldrin Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:23 pm

...............Where are Garbage trucks usually? (i dont know....)
Veldrin
Veldrin
Death's Shadow
Death's Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by prodigy12 Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:26 pm

well i do know they have a large schedule and route but when they're done working they drop off the truck at the company's parking lot, similar to the school bus routine...i know this becuase my mom drove a bus Wink not anymore thought :p

so maybe break in there ? possibly just waylay one on the streets ?
prodigy12
prodigy12

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Flex Nard Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:02 pm

How will you're character know to get one? If Vel had not posted that, you would of never though of it. Maybe they should let us research how to kill zombies and what not ourselves. Seems fairer to me... so they don't magically know what to do. Unless he knows from watching tones of zombies movies...
Flex Nard
Flex Nard

Male
Number of posts : 222
Location : Florida, Slythnar, Albion, stabbing you in teh face.

http://www.myspace.com/kennethk66

Back to top Go down

Post by prodigy12 Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:08 pm

exactly what i planned on explaining on how he knew, but i suppose i want to keep it an rp and not, zack is the best zombie killer thread so i guess we should scratch tht idea, but i have come up with some alpha zombie ideas ( kinda hows theres boomers an hunters ect. in left 4 dead)
prodigy12
prodigy12

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Flex Nard Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:12 pm

You can keep it, we might need it lol. just saying, like I don't think other characters can be like, oh we should get a garbage truck, sense they aren’t zombie fanatics. What are you're ideas?
Flex Nard
Flex Nard

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Seayn Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:19 pm

It all depends on what's at hand Flex, what's at hand. Razz
Seayn
Seayn
Chivalric Knight
Chivalric Knight

Male
Number of posts : 247
Location : I'm inside of the armor... or outside of the box. I can't remember.
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by prodigy12 Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:32 pm

well ive gathered some pics as well as a short description so here they are

zombie of gluteny- like a boomer and tank combined will vomit and go crazy in rage !

http://aim.search.aol.com/search/imageDetails?s_it=imageDetails&query=mtg+gluttonous+zombie&img=http%3A%2F%2Fwowbox.tw%2Fmtg%2Fimages%2Fon%2FGluttonous_Zombie.jpg&site=&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwowbox.tw%2Fmtg%2Fviewacard.php%3FCardID%3D45150&width=89&height=127&thumbUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fimages-partners-tbn.google.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3ASBxRrX3oJe1AtM%3Awowbox.tw%2Fmtg%2Fimages%2Fon%2FGluttonous_Zombie.jpg&b=image%3Fs_it%3Dtopsearchbox.image%26imgsz%3D%26query%3Dmtg%2Bgluttonous%2Bzombie

screamer- cant attack with hands but can kick hard and bite too and will run and scream to attract other zombies

Zombie Outbreak Sign-Ups and Discussion - Page 10 L4d-concept-art-screamer

alpha/ vampire zombie- very agile and strong but can only come out at night

Zombie Outbreak Sign-Ups and Discussion - Page 10 Ial

thats what i got so far
prodigy12
prodigy12

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Flex Nard Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:39 pm

cool dude, wounder of Trey will like it.
Flex Nard
Flex Nard

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by King Bandit Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:53 am

Nice work on the boomer mixed tank. I like that. I kinda liked the hunter better, reminds me of spider man.

King Bandit

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by transky13 Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:26 am

lol. cool. i was thinking about heading to a garbage truck after i found out everything that was going on. i was thinking about getting on the internet and asking other people how to kill zombies and what to drive and stuff. lol.
transky13
transky13

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kaydee Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:37 am

Questions...

How long is this going to last?
Do we all have to die?
Wouldn't it be somewhat reasonable that we could band together and create a small, well fortified colony of survivors?
What if someone came up with some type of "cure"?
Am I asking too many questions?

I don't want to die...
kaydee
kaydee
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-03-13

http://www.coffeewithkaydee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by King Bandit Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:26 pm

The only cure for zombies...is bullets...

King Bandit

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next